University of Lethbridge campus map
Getting to Science Commons, the Big Bang Weekend and Homecoming 2019
- Access the University of Lethbridge campus via Valley Road from University Drive. Follow Valley Road to Science Commons.
- Parking on campus
- A number of bus routes arrive and depart from the University Transit Centre (Aperture Drive, between the University Library and Students’ Union Building). Campus pathways lead from the University Transit Centre to Science Commons and will be marked by Big Bang Weekend directional signage.
- Plan your trip by bus
- Several bike and walking paths link the city with the University, with bike racks and repair stations throughout campus. The campus pathway system will be marked with Big Bang signage directing you to Science Commons.
Parking for the Big Bang Weekend
Parking: Friday, September 13
Parking in Lot S, immediately north of Science Commons (end of Valley Road), is free of charge for Big Bang Weekend visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
Pay & Park spaces are available in Lot N (end of Valley Road) and are a short walk to Science Commons via paved walking paths.
Find and pay for parking via Honk
Parking: Saturday, September 14
Parking in all University of Lethbridge lots is free of charge, except in reserved spaces.
Note: Lot S will be CLOSED Saturday, September 14, except for mobility parking.
Is the Big Bang Weekend a family-friendly event?
Yes! We have hands-on activities, performances, demonstrations and displays for scientists of all ages.
How much does the Big Bang Weekend cost?
The following Big Bang Weekend activities are FREE:
- Grand Opening Ceremony | September 13 | 11 a.m.
- Welcome Back BBQ | September 13 | 12 p.m.
- PUBlic Professor: 5-minute Edition | September 13 | 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Guided Tours | September 13 & 14 | Book a free tour spot
- Community Open House: Beakerhead & Activity Zones | September 13 & 14
- Chem Guys Show | September 14 | 12 – 1 p.m.
- Jay Ingram’s Giant Walkthrough Brain | September 14 | 1 – 2:30 p.m.
The following Big Bang Weekend events are ticketed:
- Alumni Homecoming 2019 packages | September 13 & 14 | Register
- The Big Bang Gala with keynote by Jay Ingram | September 13 | 5:30 – 10 p.m. | Buy tickets
What's the difference between Homecoming 2019 and the Big Bang Weekend?
Homecoming is a reunion for University of Lethbridge graduates (alumni) and their guests. By registering for Homecoming, alumni can access additional events and souvenirs only available to uLethbridge graduates, including an alumni reception, alumni-exclusive Science Commons tours, an alumni sweatshirt and more.
The Big Bang Weekend is free for all, including uLethbridge alumni, to attend.
Dining at the University of Lethbridge
Campus food vendors will be open throughout the Big Bang Weekend, including the Carvery & Bakery in Science Commons.
Where to stay and dine in Lethbridge
Where to Stay
Access special Big Bang Weekend hotel rates!
Corporate King room | $89/night (breakfast not included) | $99/night (breakfast included)
Standard 2 Queen or Deluxe King – $120/night* | Jr. Suites – $154/night*
*Rates are room only. Reserve rooms under the University of Lethbridge (code ILK8Y for reference).
Non-smoking room, one queen bed | $79/night | Breakfast, parking and wifi included
Non-smoking room, two queen beds | $79/night | Breakfast, parking and wifi included
Find additional accommodation options via the Lethbridge Lodging Association
Where to Eat
Find dining, coffee and nightlife options via the Lethbridge Lodging Association